Radio telemetry unit MC13
MC13 is innovated version of proven modem MC12F. Module MC13U is additional I/O module to modem unit MC13 with 8 binary inputs, 8 binary outputs and 4 analog inputs. Maximum of 4 modules MC13U can be connected. Other modules are connectable through serial interface RS-485 or I2C. Unit RTU MC13 is a compact block for mounting to DIN35 rail. Complete radio-block consists of MC13 with mobile radio Motorola GM DATABOX (or other) and power supply unit. USBIN port driver controls input and output signals. Different drivers provide functions necessary to control technology – set and reset of outputs, timing, pulsed (momentary) outputs and many others – the USBIN driver has more than 200 configurable parameters.
- CPU 84C1510, 32 KB RAM, 64 KB FLASH
- Serial port RS-485/RS-422/RS-232D
- Modem boards:
- Modem module MDC48P FFSK 1k2 to 4k8bps in radio channel
- Modem module MDC98P GMSK 4k8 to 12kbps in radio channel
- A/D converter 16 bit for measuring of analog signals
- Received Strength Signal (RSSI) measurements
- Accumulator voltage or supply voltage
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with backup battery
- 8 binary I/O signals for control and communication with radio (I2C bus, channel switching, PLL lock detection, etc.)
- 4 analog inputs configurable to 0.1-40 mA or 0-40V for analog sensors, ranges programmable in steps 1-2-4-8…128
- 8 binary inputs 12-48V DC, optically isolated up to 4kV
- 8 binary outputs (4x relay contact 250V AC/8A, 4x open collector 100mA/50V)
- Status indicators of all binary inputs and outputs by LEDs
- Number of inputs/outputs is extendable by other modules connected via RS-485 or I2C bus.
Number of inputs/outputs is extendable by other modules conected via RS-485 or I2C bus. Connected can be also modules from Mikroklima, Advantech and others.
- Firmware is backward compatible with modems MC12F with DMB protocol support
- Firmware upgrade through both serial and radio ports
- Management software RadioTermXpertfor comfortable configuration and FW upgrades
- Remote parameter configuration from dispatching
- Operation in more protocols (data transmission, configuration, paging) without reconfiguration
- Protocol optimised to minimize loading of the network
- Protocols DMB, X.25, X3.28, ASCII, ADAM, SAUTER, SAIA …
- Communication protection based on DMB protocol, additional encryption by GMSK scrambler
- Multifunction core allows customer defined functions as well as standard functions
- Programmable functions of port drivers for local control and data collection
- Multi-port structure supporting high number of logical ports and drivers
- Easy expandable by modules for distributed control via serial line RS-485
- Great possibilities of configuration – hundreds of programmable parameters
- POCSAG, SELECT5 protocols for message sending to pagers
USBIN port functions:
The port driver provides inputs and outputs services. Its purpose is to process input/output data and to provide communication with central station via radio network in minimized form. It sets outputs, reads inputs, provides input noise protection. It has configurable parameters for measurement rate, alarm limits and slope of changes on each analog input.
Visualisation and control SW:
The communication with each unit in the network runs through DMB server, running on Windows NT4.0/2000/XP. DMB Server communicates with technology control processes and Network management sw utilizing ActiveX technology (using COM/DCOM Microsoft methods) or DMB over TCP/IP. Thanks to OLE it is also possible to integrate applications supporting only DDE/NetDDE into the system. For beginners in control and visualization we can recommend sw package Control Web 2000 from Alcor company.
Mechanical construction of MC13, MC13U
Plastic box designed for DIN35 rail size 6M
Material: Noryl UL94 V-O
Colour: Grey RAL7035
Dimensions: 106 x 90 x 58 mm